PRIOR to scheduling an appointment, please review all of the information, including the PDFs carefully and contact LMB with any questions. If after reviewing, you desire to have a consultation, please book a Consultation at www.lauramcelroybeauty.com. There are 2 consultation options... In-Studio and Phone.
Thank you for your interest in Microblading/PMU!
As you read through the information on the LMB website you will notice different terminology used for Permanent Makeup... (Permanent Makeup, PMU, Cosmetic Tattooing, & Micropigmentation) They all mean the same thing. While the permanent makeup may fade over time and require touch ups, it is indeed, permanent.
Microblading is a manual form of a cosmetic tattoo. Laura McElroy Beauty, LLC (“LMB”) uses a handheld tool with a grouping of needles to insert pigment into the skin, resulting in 3D hair strokes that look like real hair. Microblading is a natural "no makeup" brow that looks best on people that need a little "fill-in" to their brows. Generally, depending on lifestyle, Microblading will last 12-18 months, before needing a touch-up. As Microblading is a cosmetic tattoo, we have no way of knowing how your skin will retain pigment and should be thought of as permanent. Some strokes may fade out to nothing, some may stay for years to come.
LMB is unable to perform Microblading on anyone with a prior cosmetic brow tattoo that isn't at least 85% - 90% faded. If you have a prior cosmetic tattoo and/or Microblading, you MUST schedule a Consultation to discuss your options, prior to a service appointment. If your cosmetic brow tattoo is not faded to at least 85% - 90%, removal may be necessary.
The following skin types are not candidates for the manual technique of Microblading, as the results will be less than desirable:
*Heavily Sun-Damaged Skin
*Pink, Ruddy Skin
*Textured Skin (Large Pores, Orange Peel Skin)
*Extremely Oily Skin
*Mature, Thin, and/or Fragile Skin
While these skin types are not candidates for Microblading, a different technique called a Powder Brow, is absolutely beautiful!
- The entire procedure(s) (mapping/design, numbing, and procedure) takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours, so please plan accordingly when scheduling an appointment with LMB.
- A $50 Non-Refundable Booking and Supply Fee is due at the time of scheduling. This is taken off of the 1st Session procedure price. All Micropigmentation Services (Manual or Permanent) require a 48 hour cancellation notice prior to appointment (Including Follow-Up Appointments). Your initial booking and supply fee will NOT transfer if rescheduling less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If rescheduled prior to 48 hours, your booking and supply fee will transfer to your rescheduled appointment. (Within a 3 Month Time Period).
- Booking and Supply Fees may NOT be used towards another service if you decide to wait on Microblading/PMU, nor may it be transferred to a friend or family member's appointment. Non-Refundable Booking and Supply Fees are applied to the actual cost of service to purchase supplies needed for your appointment.
- It is imperative that you do not have any contraindications as set forth in the PDFs and that you understand ALL Pre and Post Care. If you come to your scheduled appointment, and LMB cannot perform your service due your failure to following proper Pre Care or having a Contraindication, you will be charged $100 as a cancellation/rebooking fee.
- Lash Boost Serums MUST be discontinued 6 weeks prior to an Eyelining Appointment. Lash growth serums make the blood vessels more open, bringing more blood flow to the eyelids. This increases the capillary reaction, and when a needle hits that skin, it can cause abnormal bleeding and clotting, bruising, and possible migration.
Gratuity is appreciated, but not required. The best tips are referrals and reviews.
Laura McElroy Beauty, LLC
Laura M. McElroy
Esthetician, Cosmetic Tattoo Artist, Scar Revision/Shrinking Stretch Mark Specialist, & Professional Makeup Artist
8th & RR
401 E. 8th St. #224
Sioux Falls, SD 57103